All-On-4 Implants – Covina, CA
Giving Patients the Permanent Smile They Deserve
When teeth are missing, the last thing you want to hear is that the procedure you hoped would restore your smile isn’t possible. Everyone deserves the opportunity to feel great about the way they look and feel, which is why Covina Family Dental offers All-On-4 in Covina to patients who’ve been told they can’t move forward with dental implants. If it’s because of a weakened bone structure, All-On-4 offers an alternative solution that makes a completed smile possible. To learn more about this procedure, call us to schedule an appointment with Dr. Tran today.
How Do All-On-4 Implants Work?
You’ve been told you don’t qualify for dental implants, so now what do you do? With All-On-4, this implant process works the same as regular implant placement except you do not need a bone graft to achieve success. Using 4 implants that mimic the tooth root, Dr. Tran will surgically place each implant within the arch of your mouth. It is important that the implants are placed in the correct spots to prevent failure. No implant should be placed in an area that would require a bone graft.
Once in place, you will have your denture prosthetic immediately secured into place. The best part about All-On-4 is that you will leave our office with a fully restored smile the same day you arrived.
Am I a Candidate for All-On-4 Implants?
Dr. Tran will need to examine your mouth and overall oral health in order to make a decision as to whether you are a good candidate for All-On-4 implants. While patients who have deteriorating or weakened bone structure may not be suitable for regular dental implants, your dentist in Covina can place the necessary number of implants in the correct positions to ensure you have a permanent, beautiful smile.
It’s important that you have a healthy immune system before moving forward with All-On-4 because the implants will need to fuse to your bone and surrounding tissues. If this process does not successfully occur, you can expect your implants to fail.
Dr. Tran will take X-rays to properly examine your teeth, gums, and bone. He will also discuss your medical history as well to ensure no conditions or problems exist that could negatively impact the success of the procedure (i.e. diabetes, autoimmune disorders).
What Are the Benefits of All-On-4 Implants?
Patients who receive All-On-4 dental implants are not only expected to see a significant improvement in their appearance, but they will also have a permanent solution that offers greater stability and functionality. Unlike traditional dentures that can slip and be messy when using adhesive, All-On-4 is a smile solution you can feel confident in choosing. Some of the benefits include:
- Improved oral health: By having implants placed into your jawbone, you are stimulating the bone and keeping it strong. This prevents facial collapse, as well as additional bone and tooth loss. In addition, your chances of developing gum disease lessen because you are replacing your missing teeth instead of allowing the sockets to remain vacant.
- Increased stability: Dentures only sit on top of the gums and can come loose or fall out unexpectedly. With All-On-4, their careful placement makes it possible to have greater stability and confidence when eating, chewing, or speaking.
- A restoration that lasts: All-On-4, just like regular dental implants in Covina, are designed to last decades, if not a lifetime. It is necessary to maintain good oral hygiene and regular dental checkups, but there is no need for relining, readjusting, or most especially, replacing your All-On-4 implants.
All-On-4 vs. Traditional Dental Implants
Dental implants are considered a superior solution, no matter how many you’re having placed. But when it comes to individuals who have been told dental implants just aren’t an option, All-On-4 can open doors to a new smile in ways dental implants cannot. Individuals who receive All-On-4 implants can expect:
- A more affordable solution
- A new and improved smile in one day
- Fewer implant posts needed
- Less dental work because there’s no need for a bone graft or sinus lift
- Reduced recovery times
All-on-4 in Covina is a remarkable treatment that may be the best way for you to regain a complete smile! Before you schedule your consultation with Dr. Tran, however, it is understandable if you want to know more about the road ahead of you. That is why we have put together this brief list of FAQs. If you do not see the information you were hoping for, please contact us directly. We look forward to serving you!
How Much Does All-on-4 Cost?
We will be able to provide you with an estimate when you visit us for your consultation. The price depends on a few factors, including the extent of any necessary preliminary treatment, whether you are replacing one or both arches, and more. Our team is committed to providing 5-star service, so you can count on us to be candid about prices and go the extra mile to help you learn about your payment options. We welcome insurance, and we offer financing either through CareCredit or our in-house payment plan.
How Long Does the Treatment Take?
In most cases, a patient can have their remaining natural teeth extracted, receive dental implants, and get a provisional (temporary) denture in a single appointment. That is why All-on-4 is sometimes referred to as Teeth in a Day. However, multiple preparatory appointments may be necessary before the day of your surgery. After you receive your implants, you will go through a healing period of at least a few months. Then, Dr. Tran can design and place your permanent All-on-4 denture.
Is an All-on-4 Denture Removable?
No. An All-on-4 denture is permanently attached to the dental implants in Covina that support it. It can only be removed by a dental professional when you visit us for cleanings, checkups, and other necessary services. Most patients love the permanent nature of their denture. They do not have to worry about removing their teeth at night to clean them. Plus, All-on-4 dentures are designed for long-term comfort.
How Can I Take Care of My All-on-4 Denture?
Caring for an All-on-4 denture is pretty simple. You should:
- Thoroughly brush it at least twice a day — oral hygiene is a key to preventing infections around the implants
- Use a non-abrasive toothpaste that will not scratch your prosthetic (ask us if you would like specific product recommendations)
- Avoid the use of tobacco
- Do not bite on anything hard that might damage your new teeth
- Visit your dentist in Covina for a checkup at least twice a year
- Enjoy sugary foods in moderation