Multiple Missing Teeth – Covina, CA
Fill the Empty Spaces in Your Smile
Although your teeth are meant to last for a lifetime, at least 120 million Americans are missing at least one tooth. A single empty space can significantly impact your confidence but losing multiple teeth can drastically change your quality of life. Now, chewing many of your favorite foods can seem impossible while you also avoid taking pictures because you’re too insecure about your appearance. You don’t need to hide behind an incomplete smile. Dr. Tran can replace your missing teeth. He offers the latest solutions to rebuild your smile, including dental implants in Covina.
Non-Implant Tooth Replacement Options
Every tooth you lose compromises your oral and general health. It can be difficult maintaining a balanced diet because many foods are too difficult to chew. Over time, the dietary restrictions can lead to nutritional deficiencies that can harm your health.
You’ll also see more changes involving your smile. As you lose teeth, your jawbone deteriorates, causing any remaining natural teeth to lose the support they need to stay in place. Eventually, they drift toward the open space, increasing your risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and additional tooth loss.
Your dentist in Covina, Dr. Tran can save your smile with a tooth replacement option that best meets your needs.
- Crown & Bridge: Tran can replace 1 to 3 consecutive missing teeth with a bridge and crowns. He takes an impression of your mouth to create prosthetics to fill the empty space. The bridge is held in place by bonding dental crowns over the adjacent teeth.
- Partial Dentures: Several missing teeth are traditionally replaced using partial dentures. Prosthetic teeth are held in a gum-colored base that’s connected to a metal framework. This allows it to clip onto your remaining teeth to hold it in place.
- Full Dentures: An entire arch of missing teeth is replaced using a denture. Now, new innovations have improved their fit and aesthetics to make them more realistic than ever. You’ll experience less irritation to enjoy many of your favorite foods again.
As an alternative to traditional treatments, you can anchor your bridge or denture in place using dental implants.
The Dental Implant Process
Dental implants allow you to have the next best thing to your real teeth. A specific number of dental implant posts are strategically placed into your jawbone depending on how many teeth you’re treating. This requires oral surgery, but it’s necessary to create a stable foundation for your new smile.
After your implant posts are inserted, you spend the next several months healing to allow your jawbone to fuse to the posts. Once you’ve healed, abutments are attached to each post to connect your restoration.
Benefits of Implant-Retained Prosthetics
Dental implants replace the entire structure of your tooth, allowing you to enjoy several advantages that aren’t possible using traditional prosthetics, such as:
- Over a 95% success rate to last for several decades.
- Looks natural to smile confidently.
- Regain as much as 70% of your biting force.
- No slipping or irritation.
- Doesn’t rely on healthy teeth for support.
- Supports your facial tissues.
- Preserves your jawbone’s density.
- Cost-effective, long-term solution.
If you’re ready to conquer the challenges of tooth loss, Dr. Tran can help. Contact our office today to see if implant-retained prosthetics are right for you.