Single Tooth Implants – Covina, CA
Restoring Your Smile One Tooth at a Time
Covina Family Dental cares about your smile. Not just your gums or your teeth, we care about your whole mouth. That means when something’s not right with your smile, we want to be here to fix it for you! Whether it’s tooth decay, gum disease, or even a missing tooth, our team of dental professionals is dedicated to giving you results you deserve. Speaking of missing teeth, if your smile is incomplete and you’re looking for a way to replace that missing piece, look no further than single tooth dental implants in Covina. Dr. Danny Tran can not only replace the visible portion of your tooth but the actual structure as well, giving you better oral health and a beautiful smile. Call us today to find out how we can help you.
Tooth Replacement Options
We know there are many options to choose from when determining the best way to replace your missing tooth. Some of these include:
- A fixed bridge: Not only does this replace the visible portion of your tooth, but it is anchored by your natural teeth. While that may sound all fine and dandy, there are some things you should consider, including the fact that the root of your tooth isn’t being replaced and your natural teeth must be altered in order for customized caps to hold the bridge in place. It is effective if you are looking for a more cost-effective approach.
- A single tooth implant: This replacing the entire tooth structure. From the root to the crown, you will have a fully functioning, natural looking (and feeling) tooth. A titanium implant is surgically placed into the vacated spot, and a customized crown is placed on top to give you a beautifully blended smile.
What are Single Tooth Implants?
Single tooth implants are made of titanium, and they are surgically placed into your jawbone. A dentist in Covina will make a small incision in your gum line before drilling a small hole into the bone for implant placement. Once the wound is stitched, you’ll spend the next 3-4 months healing. During this time, the implant will fuse to the bone in a process called osteointegration.
After time has passed and Dr. Tran is satisfied that you’ve healed properly, he will attach your customized crown that is matched to the color, size, and shape of your natural teeth.
Benefits of Single Tooth Implants
If you’re looking for a longer-lasting solution that can give you a fully restored smile, there’s no better option than single tooth dental implants. Some of the other benefits include:
- Preserving your oral health – Implants act as the root of your tooth, which means your bone is receiving the stimulation it needs to stay strong and support the implant. When missing teeth are left without this type of structure, bone can begin to deteriorate, and nearby teeth can shift.
- A longer-lasting restoration – Unlike dentures or bridges that must be replaced after several years, dental implants can last decades or even a lifetime with proper care.
- Natural teeth remain untouched – When placing dental implants, your nearby teeth require no altering whatsoever. They remain untouched.
- Easy cleaning – There are no special products or tools needed to clean your implant. Brushing, flossing, rinsing, and keeping your annual dental appointments is all you need to do to maintain a healthy dental implant and overall mouth.